Integrate POS and warehouse inventory
Barcode solutions provide realtime information on what retail items to restock, accelerate accurate picking and on-time delivery, and enable accurate inventory adjustment. Suppliers better balance customer demands while controlling inventory costs. Write-offs caused by outdated shelf inventory decline.
Improve material management
Track raw material, WIP and finished goods throughout the production lifecycle, reducing inventory costs.
- For raw material, inventory management with barcodes begins when the material is received and accurately logged – either the received material is compliance-labeled by the vendor or the receiving department applies a barcode label to the material.
- When that material is needed in manufacturing, a pick order is issued to direct the stock operator to the material’s stored location. The stock location barcode is scanned and the material barcode is scanned to record its removal from the warehouse location.
- Once raw materials reach the production line, the WIP location barcode and material barcode are scanned; this process repeats as the material moves through production, ultimately culminating in a finished product.
As these processes occur, inventory management is optimized, as all material, sub-assemblies and finished goods are labeled and tracked.
Track finished goods packaging and picking
A barcode label marks the finished product in its individual packaging or in a multipack configuration, improving inventory management accuracy. Once an order is received for a finished product, that item in the desired packaging configuration can be rapidly located and picked, and the warehouse inventory properly adjusted to show its movement to shipping.
A finished and packaged product barcode is scanned in the shipping department to register its shipment and track inventory quantity change.
Reduce labor costs
Time spent searching for an item because it is mislabeled or mis-stored is precious labor better applied elsewhere. Inventory management with barcodes reduces such labor waste.
Dramatically improve your inventory management system today with a barcode label solution.
The IntelliBar Label Printing Solution
Inventory Management Label Solution
IntelliBar barcode label printers provide an economical, reliable and long-lasting asset tracking solution:
- Durable design for 24/7 duty cycle in challenging industrial environments.
- System integration is quick and easy.
Unlike other label printers that use proprietary printer command languages, IntelliBar printers use the HP PCL printer command language. They require no specialized printer drivers, custom integration software programming or middleware, which significantly reduces total lifetime ownership costs.
- Setup and operation is easy because of two-line display plain language status readouts.
- Work across all OS platforms, including Windows, Macintosh, UNIX, Linux and others.
- Print either direct thermal labels or thermal transfer labels.
- Accommodate labels of varying sizes and media types; accept fan-fold or roll-fed labels.
- Loading ribbon and labels is simple and quick.
Contact IntelliTech International and let our solution specialists assist you with your inventory management labeling solutions.